Sunday, June 11, 2006

At long last!

Here is the knitting content and nothing but the knitting!

First, finally, the picture of the cream gable!
Pattern: Green Gable
Source:
Zephyr Style
Yarn:
Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, Slightly less then 2 skeins for the XS. It's slightly off white, I think the color was cotton ball?
Needles: US 6
Modifications-Notes for Future Use:
I added to the length because I have a rather long torso. Next time, and there will be a next time, I think I will make the size small because this was is rather tight, although I think it looks good in the picture.


Next up....

Pattern: Raglan Leaf T-shirt
Source:
I used the leaf pattern from this pattern by Knitting School Dropout and put it on to the original Tivoli pattern from Grumperina since I knew that one already fit me and looked pretty good.
Yarn:
Knitpicks Shine Sport in Orchid. Used about 4 1/2 balls.
Needles: US 5
Modifications-Notes for Future Use:
I didn't swatch this to see how the pattern would stretch, so it kinda ended up a little bit big. This picture is unblocked. So I might be able to shrink it slightly? Maybe since it's 60% cotton. I don't know. I mean its not horribly large or anything. Overall I rather like it. I also like the idea of it and may do another one with longer sleeves and a different lace pattern. Also I really liked how soft this yarn is, hopefully it'll stand up to washing and use. The bottom hem of the shirt isn't uneven, I just didn't realize I had it all hiked up on one side!


Final FO for the moment!


Pattern: Ballband Dishcloth
Source:
The Mason Dixon Book
Yarn:
Sugar 'n Cream, 100% Cotton. Colors I don't recall. I got the new super size 113 g balls and I have so much left over, so I am making the baby bib from the same book
Needles: US 7
Modifications-Notes for Future Use:
Soooo much fun. Loved making this, so simple, so easy. So fabulous. Now I know what all the fuss is about.


5 comments:

melissa said...

wow, the leaf t-shirt looks great, as does your (cream) green gable!

Anonymous said...

I love the leaf t-shirt, beautiful color!
sp8

Amanda said...

love the gable!

Cerella said...

Lovely sweaters! I'm diggin' the tattoo as well! :)

Anonymous said...

I saw the green gable--it makes me want to knit it!!! It's so pretty!