Friday, January 13, 2006

bud

Trying to catch up with some pictures I took on my trip home. One of the things I had to do while home was to take Bud to the vet.


He is not a car dog. He hates to be in the car. He paces and whines. My car is only two doors and he rides in the back like a good dog, but the moment the car stops and I get out he refuses to wait for me to put the seat up so that he can get out. He effectively wedged himself in good between the seat back and the side of the car and worked himself into a panic.

He weighs 81 pounds, up from 73 pounds last year when the vet said he was already overweight! I had to have a serious talk with my parents and family about feeding the dog and limiting the treats and people food.

Unfortunately right before I left to return back to school I got a call from the vet that Bud's bloodwork didn't look good. He needs to go back in another week for some more tests. This worries me, he's only 5, soon to be 6. He should be healthy still! I know he is stressed out right now. Dogs really can pick up on the feelings of their humans. The holidays were stressful on the family because of all the bullshit and heartache of 2005. Now both my brothers are out of the house away at school. So all Bud has is mom and dad.


He's a quirky dog and I love him. He's half german shepherd and half collie, which means he's a great guard dog and likes to try to herd people.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bud is a beautiful pal and I hope he is ok.

Erin said...

What a beautiful dog and what a cool mix of breeds. I hope he gets better!!

Anonymous said...

What a great face Bud has! Hope he is doing better.