Friday, December 02, 2005

and the world keeps on a spinnin

So I got word from my SP that she is still around ! Yeah! I sent off my last gift to my SP today. Reminder to myself that I should always go to the post office at 9:00am instead of around 12:30 or 1:00, so much less hectic, so worth getting up early for.

Last night I finished my MaryElla! It took way less time then I thought it would have (this is one time in which I am super grateful that I have super small wrists). Yes I definately made a few mistakes, most of the mistakes were in the number of beads that I slid. Sometimes an extra bead got added sometimes one go left out. I don't think anyone but me will ever notice. Now I just need to buy some snaps for the closure and it will be a complete FO! I would definatly consider making another one of these, or a modified version. Love it. Pictures as soon as possible1

In my sweater news, I have about 16 inches of sleeve to knit, then it will be complete. I may wait to sew it up until my new blocking board arrives. My boy got me the large size for our anniversary (8 years people)!

I have been working so many hours on my paper, it is not quite done yet. On page 33 with about 1/5 of it to go (i think). Forming complete sentences is getting difficult, eyes may be permanently crossed and blurred, any ability to spell is gone.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, a blocking board - now that's a good gift. Happy Anniversary by the way, my husband and I will celebrate 9 years this march (not nine years married, nine years together, only 5 years married) - sorta makes me feel old, but in a good way. Good Luck finishing your HUGE paper, that is the part of college I miss the least, YUCK-O-RAMA! Well, I know you haven't actually received your final package yet (should arrive this week) and I am, of course, dying to unleash the big secret... it will be revealed in your package, but I would totally be willing to tell you sooner, I'll leave it up to you! Here's a tiny hint, my name is Sarah...

Junknitter said...

Hi Daisy,
I have been completely crazy. Always am this time of the year. Much of my job is fund development and community relations and so now we have to go out to our supporters with hat in hand and ask for their support. We have raised about $1.4M and have about the same amount to go. I haven't had a stress free Christmas (I love Christmas event though I am not a Christian, or anything...just a free thinker) in eleven years.

I read you list of questions...don't be lonely. I worry about that answer. As long as you have a good book on tape and fun knitting project you are in good company. I still am planning to make you a little something, but I am up to my eyeballs with projects right now, 1/2 done, which is never how I like to operate. I hope your Thanksgiving turned out well. What is going on with your dad's familiy that is so destressing...ugh. I am astranged from my dad, have been for most of my adult life, but that is a whole other story. Congratulatinos on your case. Some day I hope to find out exactly what your long term plans are...guardian ad leidem (sp)? Send a note...my blog is sad, because my life is crazy....the puppet should be back soon. She is helping me warp my loom.

Warm regards Daisy,

Junknitter

P.S. How do you get those letters at the end of the page?