Wednesday, November 09, 2005

it's been a long time baby.

It's definately been awhile since I updated. Life just has a way of getting out of hand at times. The good news is that I have been knitting. Really I have. I made a series of little knit ornaments to fullfil my need for a finished object. I felt compelled to make these when I saw the pattern. My mom has an ornament almost exactly like this, it is of unknown origin, and it contains a picture of my great grandmother in it. I plan on making a few more for my family as little presents. Pattern is baby's first ornament. The ones I have made so far do not have pictures in them, I just used some pretty scrapbook paper as the backing. These are a quick easy knit and a great use for leftovers! I am currently making a red one!
The blue one here needs bit more embellishments, like a backing. The green one is my favorite so far!




I have also been diligently working on my clapotis, and its coming along. I have finished the set amount of straight sections, but I haven't even used two of my balls of yarn yet. I made it narrower then the pattern required, and I am going to do more of the straight sections. So not quite done yet. I am enjoying this pattern, it is interesting without being too complicated, but just enough to hold my attention.

I have ordered a bunch of knitting stuff lately, yeah I have been stressing lately (see my Aug. 9th entry to see what stress makes me do!). Part of the stuff is for my SP, part is for RAOK, and part is for myself.

Lately, I have been stressing about one of my cases. I say this often, but wholely crap dealing with juvenile delinquents is straining.

Here is another RAOK that I received recently. There was some chocolate with it, but it was gonna far to quick to get a picture of! This was from Ina! This included a lovely fall card, chocolate, and a hopping oragami frog!

I am in a bit of a dilemma as to what to do about Thanksgiving this year. Going to my father's side of the family has been most definately ruled out, my parents are not going and I don't think any of my siblings plan on it either. Really I can't blame them with all the shit that has been happening lately. My problem is more with whether I can somehow go to my mom's side of the family and go with Tony to his family's shindig as well. They are both happening at about the same time and are happening about an hours drive from each other. Usually I go to both my dad's and mom's families on T-day, so there was no way I could go to Tony's family, but this year I would like to if I could. As it is in the nearly 8 years we have been dating, I have never gone to Thanksgiving at his family's. Yeah, not once. Seriously, how bad is this? He has been a few times to my familys...so I'm feeling a bit of guilt. Although not total guilt, as there was a period when Tony wasn't talking/getting along with his family so there are a few excused absences there...

In more knitting news, I am totally in love with some of these Pick Up Sticks Patterns. Particularly the Calla Lily and the Daffodil. This hat is also too cute for words.

1 comment:

k said...

I love those pickup sticks patterns too. I love the calla lilies. I really liked your christmas ornaments too. Having pictures of loved ones hanging on the tree is a great idea. The green one is my favorite too. I like the Joy embellishment. Good luck with Thanksgiving. I'm sure it will work out and be fun. Happy Knitting!