Friday, June 17, 2005

sick

So the cold thickens. I am getting sicker. I feel like hell. No sleep last night. My nose is in pain from all the blowing! The worst thing is that when the boy gets off work at like 5 tonight, we are making the 5 hour drive back home to IL to visit the folks for father's day. Ugh.

This father's day is a pretty big deal. In February (the week after my grandfather died), we found out that my father needed to have open heart surgery. This was quite the shocker. My dad is the health conscious type. He's run the Chicago marathon three times, in all of them he was over 50! The most amazing thing about this was that my dad's podiatrist saved his life. It sounds strange to say, but really the foot doctor saved my dad. My dad had hurt his foot, it swelled was painful to walk on. He went to the doctor, first they thought he had broken it, then they thought he had a blood clot. When investigating the blood clot the podiatrist saw that the arteries in my dad's foot were clogged, this is when he told my dad he should go to a cardiologist. The cardiologist determined my dad had a few major blockages in his heart, and that it was a miracle that the podiatrist and found this out. If it had not been found, the cardiologist said that my dad would have had only months left to live, and he would have suddenly just dropped dead from a massive heart attack. My dad is doing much better now, in fact he has already signed up for the Chicago marathon this year! So this year is special for my family. I am deeply appreciative of all that I have in my life.

On the knitting front, I completed maybe 20 more lines on the baby blanket. It's coming along. It would go faster if I didn't need to keep stopping to blow my nose.

My first package out to my secret pal is just about ready. I am waiting for a package from UPS that has a couple of things in it for my SP. The UPS site said it was to be delivered today. I hate waiting for packages! I am nervous about this since my pal is way more experienced in knitting then I am. I feel I am going to make some kind of mistake and send her something she will hate!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon. Maybe you will be recieving something special soon from a little secret pal??? Get Ready for some spoiling!