Thursday, June 16, 2005

bugs and colds

I can never think up good titles to have for posts.

I woke up this morning feeling very sick. Sore throat, stuffy nose, headache. Amazing that I can go most of the winter without getting sick, and summer just kills me.

Yesterday I discovered that I am very afraid of large bugs. How did I determine this? Obviously there were very large bugs involved. We have a problem with these teeny tiny little ants in our apartment. So the boy goes and sprays ant spray on the patio, in the crack by the sliding screen door. Which some how drove out these huge centipedes, which we now know can crawl underneath the sliding door and into the apartment. Scary stuff. Seriously. And since my yarn stash is next to the door, I am now going to put on some large rubber gloves and make sure there are no big bugs in it. Most of the yarn is in those plastic zip up bags from comforters and sheets. But there is some loose stuff.

I am then going to do some bug spraying within the apartment and some vacuuming. Death to the ants!

I am also going to work on a few handmade things for my secret pal. I am feeling a little discouraged about this since I apparently am not anyone's secret pal. At least no one has contacted me yet. I am waiting for a package to come so that I can send my first bundle to my secret pal.

I have about 18 more inches on the baby blanket to go. I am going to start making a little baby cardigan, but I want to use the needles that I am using for the baby blanket. So I need to finish that first.

No comments: