Wednesday, September 13, 2006

It's about time...

First off, I apologize for the horrible pictures! We are on day 4 of all day rain. It's rather bleh. Also I am not a photographer and taking pictures of yourself is hard work! On to the knitting!

Pattern: Julie
Source: Knitty
Yarn: DMC Embroidery Floss, 5 various shades of brown
Needles: US 0
Modifications-Notes for Future Use: I only did the garter stitch beads. I liked the look of them better then the stockinette stitch. I am still trying to find other beads to use in the necklace. I am not sure that I like the little wood beads with the big beads, but I was working with what I had at the time.





Pattern: Original Tivoli Tee.
Source: Grumperina
Yarn: Shine Sport by Knitpicks. Color Coral, about 4.5 skeins.
Needles: US 3.
Modifications-Notes for Future Use: After washing this came out slightly big. I think it's ok, because ya know not everything needs to be skin tight! I wanted to make this longer sleeved, but I only had 5 skeins of yarn and I don't think I have enough yarn left over. Oh well, it'll still look good on its own or under a cardigan this winter.
I have no idea why this picture came out so blurry. Also I am not so crooked in real life. The camera was precariously balanced in an attempt to use the timer.

3 comments:

KnittyLynn said...

Love the t-shirt!
Did you like working with the Knit Picks yarn? I was worried that it might not be 'forgiving'...like cotton which stripes sometimes.

Great knitting!

k said...

I too am interested in the knitpicks yarn. Was it nice? I really like that top and the color looks very swell on you. :)

Jordana Paige said...

You're necklace looks great! It's the first one I've seen done. Do you mind if I put it in my photo album on my blog?