Thursday, February 23, 2006

Content, eh? Yeah I wish I had some of that around here. Since I got added to the knitting blogs webring/put up pictures of my counterpane bag I've been getting a lot more comments/people coming to my site. Makes me wish I had some content for them.

**Personal Ranting First, Knitting at End**

Lately I have been stressing over money. Why? Because soon I will need to take the bar exam and do you have any idea how much money it costs to take the bar? I'm not talking about tuition for school. This is what I'm talking about:

IL Bar: $ 250 (This doesn't include the $100 I had to pay during my 1st year)
Bar/Bri (review course): $2500
PMBR (review course): $890

Can you see where the stress is coming from? I mean I'm just a student I don't have tons of money in savings or anything...

So knitting this is what I've been working on pictures to be added soon!:

Top down Raglan in Jaegar Luxury Tweed:

I tried it on last night to see how much longer I need to go in the body length and the boy was like uhhh you are going to do something about the sleeves, right? Umm yeah, I was planning on knitting them.


Plan Garter Stitch Blanket:

I liked the fabric created with this yarn and just a plain stitch.

4 comments:

Sorka said...

Oh dear... yep thos state tests cost money.. I think the teachers exams are up there around 100 now too!!
Got the yarn today!! Thanks!
It's a little 'pinker' than i expected.. but that just means something for me!!hehehe
Denise

knitchat.com

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! I'm a senior and money always sucks. I'm staying on an extra semester for ONE class, but my scholarship ends this semester, so that one class will cost me 1800. out of state sucks. :( good luck!

Erin said...

Eeks. I can't believe the bar costs that much. Hang in there... can't wait to see the new projects!

Melissa said...

Good luck with the bar stuff and the money. If I had some extra $$, I'd send it your way, but unfortunately, I haven't won the lottery lately. I've enjoyed your site though!