Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thankful.

Today, before I leave to go to my parents, I wanted to post about how thankful I am. This year has been difficult in a lot of ways. Lots of challenges and headaches and heartaches. Through all of this I am thankful for the people I have in my life. Sometimes experiencing tragedies gives a renewed appreciation for life, a renewed appreciation for the little things. So on this day I am thankful for my family. I was truly blessed in being born into this family.

All that being said, I cannot wait for thanksgiving day! This year I am only going to my mom's side of the family, because of the whole drama with my dad's family. I feel pretty sad about this, I don't think I have ever experienced a holiday without seeing my whole family. But then again with all that has been done lately, I don't really want to go to see them.

Here is my most current WIP, this is MaryElla from Knitty. I bought the kit for this from EarthFaire. It took me a little while to string up all the beads. It is worked on 0000 needles. Besides that it is going really fast, it is roughly about 2 1/2 inches and I have worked on it for 2 nights. I really should have spread the stitches on the needles out because it is bunching kinda funny at the top. I am not bringing this for the Thanksgiving break to work on. I am bringing a sweater that has been a WIP since August. I really wanna get that done.

Here is a recently nearly FO. This is the Clap which I have been showing is some of my other posts. I used US 6 needles, and about 2 1/2 skeins of yarn (I think I gave the specifics in a different post). When I washed this, it DEFINATELY grew, by a lot! When I have finished sewing in the ends, and have showered, hopefully I'll get a picture of it on. I don't know if this is a gift or not.

Time to go, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone out there!

1 comment:

Acornbud said...

I love the color of you Clapotis. How can you give it away :) If you do, lucky person.