Tuesday, October 10, 2006

knitting with beads!

I am trying to catch up with the posting of my finished objects. Today brings my recent knitting with beads! I hope these photos show off how pretty these are. All the pictures I tried to take of the bracelets on, came out really crappy.

Pattern: Bead Soup Bracelet
Source: EarthFaire
Yarn: This is Kreinik's Metallic Thread (I think).
Needles: US 0000 metal needles
Modifications: I took the original pattern and made it narrower. In this one I used the leftover thread from the leaf bracelet (see below). I used my own mix of beads. The mix is mostly mixed coral beads ranging in shapes and sizes. I threw in some extra gold and silver beads.


Pattern: Bead Soup Bracelet
Source: EarthFaire
Yarn: This is Kreinik's Metallic Thread (I think).
Needles: US 0000 metal needles
Modifications: I again made the pattern narrower. I used my own mix of beads. Mostly golds and some champagne colored beads.


Pattern: Bead Soup Bracelet (bought as a kit with the pattern, beads, and thread).
Source: EarthFaire
Yarn: This is Kreinik's Metallic Thread (I think).
Needles: US 0000 metal needles
Modifications: This is the original version. I didn't modify anything intentionally.



Pattern: Leaf Bracelet (bought as a kit with the thread, beads and pattern)
Source: EarthFaire
Yarn: I think this is again the Krieniks.
Needles: I think I used US 2.
Modifications: I believe I switched to needles a size or two bigger ( I can't quite remember). I had a really hard time getting this to come out nicely. I was knitting way way way too tightly. I actually had to knit this twice. The first time it came out way too small.

5 comments:

KnittyLynn said...

Wow.
So is this your first go at knitting with wire? They really are beautiful!

Nic said...

I love your bracelets... was it a book or kit you used? I would love to try that!

Carol said...

Wow! Really nice! These gotta count for a one skein ;)

Woman who knits said...

Amazing!! They look so wonderful!

Mitchypoo said...

They are gorgeous! Would you be interested in selling any? I'd like one for my Mamacita for Christmas! Email me please.