Friday, August 18, 2006

sampler

Today I was going to mail my reveal package, but my dad borrowed my car. Last night he asked to borrow it for "a little while" which apparently means all day while he is at work. By the time he comes home the post office will be closed. So sorry secret pal, the package is soon to be on the way!

I have been doing a ton of knitting lately. I am working on a top down Tivoli type of shirt out of shine sport in the coral color from Knitpicks. I am just about on the increases for the waist. I was planning on adding maybe a lace edging to the sleeves and the bottom, but I'm worried that I will be running out of yarn. I'm knitting on size US 3's and I am liking the tight tiny little stitches. I am on ball 4 of 5 balls, I just started this ball, so there might be enough yarn, maybe.

I am also working on a little feather and fan type of scarf for the church bazaar.

I also just started a little lap blanket for my sister, but I need to scrap this idea and restart it.

When I first heard about the sampler I have wanted to get my hands on it! I just love the idea of it. I wish I had some crafty ideas to sell and to make. If I did, I would definately contribute to the sampler. I have consistently been unable to subscribe to it. Ususally the subscriptions sell out so fast and I would have obligations at the time they went on sale so I wouldn't be able to purchase one. Finally I got lucky and I received the August Sampler! So I thought I would share a few pictures of the items I received. I am not putting all the info of the makers of each item. If you see something you would like to know more about, please comment and let me know! Most of the stuff was really nice. A couple of things I wouldn't have purchased. I will definately be checking out some of these crafty sites from the contributors!
In the real life world, I have some stuff going on that I'm totally PMSing about and freaking about. Seriously, I feel like the biggest loser in the world. Ha. No really, I do. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

No comments: