Thursday, May 11, 2006

Secret Pal 8 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I like soft yarn. I don't really care if there is some acrylic in it. I absolutely do not like angora or mohair, it's just too itchy to me.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have my denises in their case. The other stuff is in a kind of plastic bag thing. Not really the most stylish thing.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for about 4 years now? I think. I would consider myself maybe in the intermediate/beginner category.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I do have an amazon list, it's linked on the side.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) vanilla, I like sweet scents but not overly flowery.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes I have a sweet tooth. I love milk chocolate and white chocolate. I like things like skittles, starburst, cinnamon candies...

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I don't spin. I also scrapbook.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I can play MP3s. I like all kinds of music: blues, rock, punk. Some favorites are RL Burnside, No Use For a Name, Bad Religion, Pennywise, Social Distortion, Bouncing Souls, Freddie King..

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I don't like florescent colors or pastel colors. I am a big fan of black, browns, reds, blues, greens..

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have a boyfriend. We've been dating for 8 years. I have a dog and fish.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Everything but the ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I like baby stuff. Sweaters. Bags.

13. What are you knitting right now? I just finished a green gable, and I am working on a baby blanket.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Any will work!

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes to both.

17. How did you learn to knit? From a book.

18. How old is your oldest UFO? Probably about 6-8 months.

19. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas Eve.

20. Is there anything that you collect? Spongebob stuff, books.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I would love to get some of the Knit and Tonic patterns like Fad-Classic and something Red. I would also like the orangina pattern from glampyre. I have a subscription to Interweave. I would love to try some manos. I would also love to try some Kid Silk Haze.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I can't think of anything off the top of my head..

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I've started a sock, but it hasn't gone very far yet. I don't know the proper way to measure my foot, but I wear a size 7.5

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 03/21

No comments: