Wednesday, January 25, 2006

a meme and stuff

I don't have much of anything to write about, but here is a meme I saw on someone's blog and since Tony got me a 30G Black iPod for christmas I thought I would do this. The iPod has been great for knitting, I have been listening to books on cds. Fabulous. I just finished listening to the 5th Harry Potter book (all 23 cds!) and am going to move onto the 6th book. Of course I've already read these, but I find it entertaining all the same.


Directions: Open iTunes/iPod or Windows Media Player to answer the following. Go to your library. Answer, no matter how embarrasing it is.

How many songs: 1609 (not completely accurate since I have songs on my iPod that I don't have in my iTunes since I put them on from my parents computer)

Sort by song title...
First song: (Nothing's Gonna) Turn Me Off (of you) by Screeching Weasel

Last song: Your the Enemy by Screeching Weasel

Sort by time...
Shortest Song: This isn't actually a song its [Data Track] by Pennywise
Longest Song: The longest isn't a song either its part of a Criminal Law review (see how amazing iPods can be! I can review at any time!)

Sort by album...
First Song: Faith Alone by Bad Religion from the All Ages Album
Last Song: Born Free by the Bouncing Souls from Warped Tour 2003


First 5 songs that come up on Shuffle...
1. Feeding the Fire, No Use For A Name
2. Molly Neuman, The Queers
3. Heart of Glass, Blondie
4. Judgement Day, Pennywise
5. My Favorite Mistake, Weston

Search...

1. "Sex"--How many songs come up: 6

2. "Death"--How many songs come up: 18

3. "Love"--How many songs come up: 45

4. "You"--How many songs come up: 144

5. "love" and "you" --How many songs come up: 9

This was weird to do. I realized so many of the songs and artists that came up are groups that I have loved since high school. Am I really this boring? My sister was making fun of me the other day for not liking things to change...I guess I need to widen my taste in music..

Purse from Handknit Holidays is blocking. I only did 4 repeats and smaller needles so definately not as huge as the one in the book. I bought fabric for lining and I need to get on that do some sewing!

What do I knit now? I'm feeling at a bit of a loss...

3 comments:

knitlit kate said...

how about another one? check out this!

Kristin said...

I'm listening to all the Harry Potter books, too! I'm listening to them in the car, though. I started before the holidays, and even after a drive to and from Iowa, I'm only just finishing up the last disc of the fourth book. But it really makes the drive go so much faster.

Yeah So said...

Very cool meme...I think I'll steal it for myself!