Wednesday, May 25, 2005

secret pal 5!

The whole reason I started this blog was so that I could take part in SP5! I had read about it and it sounded like a lot of fun, so this is why the content of this site is rather blah, hopefully I'll get around to giving it a little spice sometime.

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I am not a yarn snob. As long as it feels nice and looks pretty, I'll use it.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I do not spin. I would like to learn to crochet.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

I really dislike the smell of smoke, but other then that no allergies.

4. How long have you been knitting?

I really learned to knit about 3 years ago, but I've only recently in the last 6 months become a very active knitter.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Nope.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I like all kinds of scents. I think my favorite for candles is cinnamon. But I tend to like fruity smells over floral scents.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Oh yeah and I've got the cavities to prove it. Pretty much all sweets, but not really sour things.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I also scrapbook. I've done some clothesmaking. But I normally do not have too much time for this stuff.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I tend to like alternative/punk music. I think my taste is kind of eclectic. I like some blues, and swing music. I really like RL Burnside, his music is amazing. My computer can play MP3s. Most of the music I enjoy is music that is not on the radio.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

I tend to buy a lot of neutrals, blacks, greys. I would really like to get into using more colors. I do like colors I just tend to shy away from them. No neons!

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I live with my boyfriend. We had a bearded dragon and fish. I have a dog, but he lives with my parents.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

I want to be happy, content, fulfilled, in whatever I end up doing.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

I recently have been using a lot of cascade 220, and knitpicks merino. I like them both. But I do not think I have a favorite.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I don't think I have an absolute do not like fiber. I just don't like things that are scratchy.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Obsession, probably felting at the moment.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

At the moment purses, but that is going to change real soon.

17. What are you knitting right now?

Right now I am making an airy scarf from last minute knitted gifts. Its almost done, and then I am making mittens from knit one, felt too (can't remember, I think thats the name of the book).

18. What do you think about ponchos?

No thanks! Just not for me.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

Circular!

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I've never used bamboo. I have a set of denises that I usually use. I don't know that I have a preference.

21. Are you a sock knitter?

No, I am not a sock knitter at the moment. I would like to make myself some, but right now I don't have any yarn. Plus, I tend to only where tube socks, so those are the ones I would want to make.

22. How did you learn to knit?

I first learned to knit from my mom when I was really little. It didn't stick. Then about 3 years ago I taught myself how to knit. Mostly learning from books and various websites.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

Probably a couple of months. My first attempt at a sweater. I don't really like the yarn I chose, so I stopped working on it. I'm going to start fresh when I get back to my apartment (I'm currently visiting the parents).

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

Favorite animal is definitely a dog. I love dogs, against the knitting norms I am definitely not a cat person.

Animated character, I love spongebob. I also like most adult swim shows.

25. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas! I'm all about family togetherness, and Christmas is what does it in my family.

26. Is there anything that you collect?

This is a hard question. I can't think of anything that I purposely collect. But then again I do have a large number of books, I have a lot of movies, I have a lot of scrapbook supplies, but its nothing that I have done intentionally.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I don't have any!

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

I would love that new Loop-d-Loop book although I don't think I have the skills to make anything from it. I would like a book on making knit toys, A world of knitted toys? Something like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get Ready for some spoiling...